Friends Getting Married

Sunday, December 31, 2006 8:28 AM Posted by javagold
So I checked my old hotmail account today, and I found this message from an old friend... For those of you dragons out there, it should make you smile.

Hello, family and friends!

I have some great news: I am engaged! My long-time boyfriend, James Humberson, asked for my hand in marriage last Saturday, December 16th, and I accepted.

It was our 5-year anniversary last Saturday and James treated me to a matinee theatrical performance of "Chicago" in San Antonio. We then returned to Austin in time for an 8 p.m. reservation at a nice Italian restaurant (where we also celebrated our 1-year anniversary). After a delicious meal, the waiters brought out dessert and with it a bouquet of flowers for me. There were 5 red roses in the bouquet, for the years we've shared together, and 1 white rose, for the years to come. There was also a poem lying among the flowers that James wrote for me. I, of course, started crying as I was reading it because I was so touched and happy. I looked up when I was done reading and James got up from his chair, went down on one knee, held out a beautiful diamond ring, and said "Alexa Riesland, will you share your life with me?" My heart filled with joy and I said "yes! of course!" followed by many kisses and embraces. It was perfect!

James is a truly amazing man and I am so excited to marry him and share the rest of my life with him. We have not set a date or place for the wedding yet, but I wanted to share this good news with you all! I hope this message finds you well. Happy Holidays!

Love, Alexa and James

1 Response to "Friends Getting Married"

  1. Andrew Lee (SCAC) Says:

    I feel so left behind when I read about other people getting married, especially those who I am friends with...