Reply to my last post

Sunday, December 10, 2006 1:07 PM Posted by javagold
This note was from my Uncle Steve, a retired firefighter. I thought I would share it with you all.
Hi Ria,
In my career as a fire fighter, I had occasion to attend a number of similar funerals for my brother fire fighters, including my best friend. Almost got to attend my own a couple of times, as guest of honor. It is a very powerful and emotional thing to be at a service attended by a thousand brothers, every one aware that, "There, but for the grace of God, go I."
I am minded though, that for every one of those high profile, line of duty fatalities, there are thousands of other funerals. Funerals of people who have lived long lives or short, who have tried to make a better world, provide for their families, help their friends and neighbors. Sometimes the funerals are well attended, sometimes there are but few mourners, but their life and their death are no more or less important. What counts is their contribution, whether known or unknown. Hopefully they, and we, will live well, do our best, and die regretted.


Season's Greetings to all of you young ladies with,
Much Love and Many Hugs,

Uncle Steve & Aunt Adrienne

0 Response to "Reply to my last post"