Disco Sandwhich

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 11:19 AM Posted by javagold
Inside, I'm just a fat kid that loves food (and unfortunately starting to look like it). Inevitably everything comes down to the gastronomic arts for me, as I love to seek out those savory tidbits that keeps the hungry-hippo in me happy.


While in Dubai, my favorite meal of the whole trip was the Disco Sandwich (oh yes my friends, it's so good, it needs to be capitalized). Many of the small Indian-shops in the souks (سوق markets) make these to order, accompanied with a paper cup of fresh-squeezed orange juice. It consists of a fried egg, bad American-processed cheese, onions, garlic and spices on toasted white bread. A simple meal, and for 3 dirhams (a buck) you get the privilege of chowing down on some good grub. So if you're ever in the land of sand, grab yourself one of these. They are quite excellent, up there with the Euro-dog and Mozzarella sandwich with Mayo from Prague.

I think this was the second one of the day already. YUM!

5 Response to "Disco Sandwhich"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    This post really reminds me of you. I miss you!

  2. Anonymous Says:

    My lady you are as gorgeous as the day i met you and you always will be. if any one says different they are lying and jealous.

  3. Anonymous Says:

    To my favorite traveler. You’re not fat. Thanks for the gastronomic update. Miss you.

  4. jkh Says:

    intriguing post. - here is to the warm happiness and subtle gratification only carbs can bring.

  5. Anonymous Says:

    Dear Smarty pants, must say that I love the picture of you with that sandwich. Very nice but not so sure bout the sandwich.lol. take care of yourself.

    peter