Welcome to London! I arrived at around 1:30pm yesterday and I hope you forgive me for not posting earlier. I'm a little overwhelmed right now (in a good way) and I'm just trying to soak everything in.
London is my first stop on my year of travelling, and I'm here visiting Alex Boyce, another half-American, half-Indonesian that just moved here from Chicago about a month ago. Since he needed to hop and skip back to the office, I ended up walking around downtown London for a few hours. Just soaking in the sunshine (yeah, can you believe it) and the gorgeous scenery made me realize how fortunate I was. I walked through mazes of buildings, important-looking ones, although I had no idea what they were, or what their significance was. I'm hoping to do all the touristy things with some of my friends when they finally become available.
But the air was crisp, the boys well dressed and the buildings? Centuries old. Seattle looks like a teenager in comparison.
Anyway, I really need to get out there again... I'll post again soon.
LONDON BABY!
11:04 PM
You best not be starting shit about Seattle!
9:08 AM
You're doing it! Have the time of your life woman!
10:24 PM
Riani, it sounds amazing. I hope to be able to travel soon and I will try and make wherever you are a key destination. You seem to be having fun, keep it up and I will talk to you soon. Make sure to take pictures and send them to me. Talk to you later hun!
10:24 PM
Well said ! I think that many cities in western countries would look like teenagers compared to London !!
My Mum is from England and so are my Grandparents ! I'll be going there in 2009 !! I've been putting off my world trip for too many years !! I bought an apartment on the Gold Coast in Australia and now my girlfriend and I are building a house in Okinawa, Japan !!! I can't wait to start travelling next year!!
Visit the old and the ancient, the beautiful and the awesome, the famous and the 'out of the way places', be yourself and meet the world, let people see your beautiful eyes but not always see you, explore to challenge your mind but keep yourself safe, look at things from different angles & don't miss the detail, find out about others and learn more about yourself, see what you don't like to find what you love, be romantic but don't lose your heart, lose yourself in history but don't get lost, fly up high without leaving the ground, inspire others while inspiring yourself, use your money wisely and don't let it use you, look into the past to see the future & return a better person than you already are.
What great energy you and your sister have, important souls you are, making the world a bit more special every day, keep on !!
Thanks
B xx
10:24 PM
OH, the picture made me long for old Blighty again. I love that very spot - Trafalgar Square. Go to Covent Garden, lunch on Baked potatoes that drool in butter, visit the numerous museums, take a stroll in Hyde Park....you lucky devil!
10:25 PM
How fun!! Keep the pics coming and give HotNickels a big hug for me!
10:25 PM
Woohoo!! You made it.......and I'm on your list. :-)
Is that Trafalgar Square?
Glad you're in one piece. Now go out and find your Austin Powers.
T
10:26 PM
And I have to ask, how does one simply take a year off to travel? How can I do this??? :)
10:26 PM
Take a ride on the eye. It was great!
Daddy Townsend
10:26 PM
lets a pics with the blog ... take me there :)
10:27 PM
Hey Honey,
Thanks so much for keeping me in the loop, I'm so prouid of you. I'm also jealous as hell. Keep me posted!