Following Your Heart

I apologize for not posting these last few busy weeks; it’s been a blur of goodbyes, last days and new beginnings. As most of you already know, I’ll be embarking on an extraordinary journey this year – and it is my hope you’ll follow my progress, and post your comments and words of encouragement.

I’ll be traveling with my good friend Jorge Pablo Romero, (he goes by Pablo) a wonderful character I met at Greenlake one sunny summer day. He’ll be posting his pictures and stories on his blog as well, so please check out his adventures.

I was able to completely pack myself out of my apartment in a few, short days. But there was NO WAY IN HELL that would have been possible without the help of these wonderful people:

Danielle Townshend: Sweetheart you helped me out more than anyone, starting weeks and weeks before my departure date. Thank you for taking my crap, and for giving me the emotional support I needed to give away most of my earthly belongings.

Jake Summers: Jake’s motto is “sure, why not”. Without your help, I would have been lost. Thank you especially for taking my most awesome bed while I’m gone… I just don’t want any details as to what goes on in it while I’m gone. I really wish we were able to go back to church to listen to the choir… Please do that in my absence. It’s beautiful.

Estelle Townshend: Baby, thank you for the walk around Greenlake on my last day. That meant a lot to me. It sucks that we waited until my last week before we spent more time with each other. But I appreciated you coming over to help me sort, throw out and clean.

Kayanna Warren: Mademoiselle! Kayanna sent me a text on my last day, that read: “Just texting you while I still can.” Thank you also, for walks around the lake, for helping my pack, clean and get rid of all the crap I had accumulated.

Andrew Roberts: I don’t know what you’ll be doing this next year, and I don’t think you do either… But I’m hoping you find yourself love… Have fun in Japan, give my love to Colette.

Samvid Dwarakanath: You offered to help, even though you had restrictions… Thanks for stopping by to say goodbye. Just knowing you’ll miss me was enough.

Keenan Conrad: My Jolly Green Giant, I really wish we went for sushi. But now, you’ll just have to take my sister. I’m going to miss having you come hide in my office, and hooking me up big time with all the wonderful electronic toys Amazon has to offer.

Andre Garron: Our time together was brief, but memorable. Thanks for taking a chance and having the nerve to say hello at the Amazon.com holiday party. Most guys can’t even muster that. You also did a good job of, ugh, supervising when you came over during our frantic final stretch. Explore Seattle my friend, you moved to the west coast to try something different. There’s an amazing Troll in your neighborhood that wants you to visit more often.

Hilbren Buys: Hilbren, you didn’t know it, but you were a catalyst for all of this. I realized the night we partied onboard the French Naval Vessel that my life wasn’t heading in the direction I wanted it to. Realizing the problem is always the first and hardest step. Thank you for letting me unload so much of my stuff with you (although, you know, you REALLY needed it).

With (most) of my earthly belongings taken care of, I will be travelling to London, to persue a year-long career as a unemployed jet-setting hobo-fabulous bum. =) More to come, I'll keep you posted...

Riani





3 Response to "Following Your Heart"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    hi riani, you may not remember me. my name is abbey. i went to BIS in jakarta. you were friends with my sister april?? i was looking for estelle and found you instead! just wondering if you would be able to get estelle to email me or something - havent heard from her for aaages!!! april is getting married in 2 weeks! she's living in perth at the moment. she's in the navy, but is hoping to get out once her 6 years is up (i think she has one more left). she's doing a psychology degree at uni and wants to do something in that field. if you wanted to contact me for her details (i dont want to leave them on here!), i'm sure she'd love to hear from you. she's recently gotten in contact with diana duncan, and used to see gemma hail and anna craig a bit too. i have a myspace which is www.myspace.com/arlecornu if you wanted to look at that. there's a couple of photos of her on that, and after the wedding i'll update it again!
    it was good to see how you're going!
    my email address is arlecornu@hotmail.com... say hi to estelle for me!

  2. Sam Dwarakanath Says:

    Shine on you crazy diamond.

  3. Andrew Lee (SCAC) Says:

    oh boo.. I get no shout out?... =(