With my pending departure in mind, I decided to take a day off for a little day-trip up to the mountains. This gorgeous park is about an hour east of Seattle, and although it was COLD I didn't freeze my butt off completely. I think the reason I stayed warm enough is because we trekked 2.5 miles UPHILL IN THE BLOODY SNOW. But as you can see by the picture below, the trip was well worth the physical and mental strain.
Come to think of it, I had initially thought we were driving up to the waterfall (yes, silly me). Furthermore, I then thought we were hiking about 15 minutes in, on flat ground. I'm sure that if I knew what we were hiking a total of 5 miles through steep terrain, I wouldn't have been up for the challenge.
Those of you who know me well are aware that I don't hike much... And when I do it's warm and sunny outside. I surprized even myself at my willingness to take on new challenges (something with my new outlook on life). You know what? It was worth it. Although it was cold and snowy, it was breathtakingly beautiful out there. I breathed in deep, soaked in the gorgeous surrounds, and realized how lucky Seattlites are - and how much I took this for granted. For those of you remaining in Washington, please... Check out the local surroundings. They don't call us the emerald city for nothing.
Come to think of it, I had initially thought we were driving up to the waterfall (yes, silly me). Furthermore, I then thought we were hiking about 15 minutes in, on flat ground. I'm sure that if I knew what we were hiking a total of 5 miles through steep terrain, I wouldn't have been up for the challenge.
Those of you who know me well are aware that I don't hike much... And when I do it's warm and sunny outside. I surprized even myself at my willingness to take on new challenges (something with my new outlook on life). You know what? It was worth it. Although it was cold and snowy, it was breathtakingly beautiful out there. I breathed in deep, soaked in the gorgeous surrounds, and realized how lucky Seattlites are - and how much I took this for granted. For those of you remaining in Washington, please... Check out the local surroundings. They don't call us the emerald city for nothing.







1:48 AM
WoW !! What a spectacular view !!!!!!!!!! Although I don't like the cold, & living in the tropics has made me dislike it even more, I miss the magical, mystical dream world of the snow !! Everything just takes on a fresh brand new feeling when the snow has fallen. It also makes it look like some kind of fairy land! As well as that it creates a secret, somewhat inaccessable world, that can only be enjoyed for brief, magical moments!
Lucky you !! Well done !
I met Danielle in the snow & it's nice to see her beautiful sister in the snow too !!
Thanks !
1:49 AM
Oh great...... I see you are training for a Dolomites hike :-P
5:56 AM
that's amazing...
6:59 AM
Wow! I could even feel the coldness! Yes it very spectacular. Thanks for the email.
7:00 AM
Which Fall were those? Beautiful.
We would like to get together with you and give you a "good luck" hug. You name the time and place, OK?
Mom and Dad T..
2:13 PM
hi riani. i just did a search for 'TCK' and your blog was one of the results. so i'm just saying hey; anyways i'm not sure if you remember me but we graduated together from JIS :S nice to see you're doing well!!