Being an international school brat, I've collected great friends throughout the years from all corners of the globe. One of my closest friends is a funny Australian guy with an easy smile and laid back attitude. In high-school, he'd walk my sister and I home after class, invite me over for pig-out eating sessions and have Karen and I laughing hysterically at his dry wit and great sense of humor.
Even after he left for Kuwait, and I to the United States, we were able to keep in contact through e-mails, letters and phone calls. Eight years have passed since those long conversations on my porch, but somehow I always knew I would see him again.
Back in August, Joel casually mentioned that his best friend was getting married in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I jumped at the chance to see him, and made arrangements to return to Asia. (This is before I quit my job and became a professional jet-setter.) I never thought that those two weeks would lead me to meeting new awesome friends while catching up with a slew of old ones. I'll remember the late night treks to the hawker stalls for food, the mango mornings, the shopping trips, the disastrously funny nights out, everything.
Anyway, here's a couple of great photos of Joel and I from the trip. Mr. Staples is the most photogenic man I know, which is ironic since he's studying to be a photographer. But now at least I have current photos, instead of ones from when we were 14. (Unfortunately, he still wears those stupid shorts - although he's starting to branch out into *gasp* trousers!)
More from Malaysia... miss you all!
Riani
PS. I'll be blogging about my adventures in the next couple of days, I've been under the radar because I wanted to enjoy the company of those around me. I'll try to catch up now, so thanks for your patience.
Joel and I hanging out together at the cocktail hour a couple days before the wedding. The dress is from redrummurder, and I love it. I've developed quite a dress fetish in the last couple of weeks, and the collection keeps growing!
Joel and I out with the wedding party for dinner at some steakhouse. I had yummy lamb, while Joel had fish... The dinner was outside (which alarmed me at first) but I think I'm finally getting used to the heat here.
Here's another dress that I acquired from Eclipse, which I thought was amazing. Joel, Karen and I went out to Alexis for dinner and had an amazing time. I highly recommend the restaurant for its great ambiance and excellent food.

Joel and I with the bride and groom out shopping in Petaling Street. It's hot and muggy, and there are a million people always trying to sell you a fake Coach purse or Chanel perfume. I couldn't bring myself to buy a fake Coach, it's just not the same.
Even after he left for Kuwait, and I to the United States, we were able to keep in contact through e-mails, letters and phone calls. Eight years have passed since those long conversations on my porch, but somehow I always knew I would see him again.
Back in August, Joel casually mentioned that his best friend was getting married in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I jumped at the chance to see him, and made arrangements to return to Asia. (This is before I quit my job and became a professional jet-setter.) I never thought that those two weeks would lead me to meeting new awesome friends while catching up with a slew of old ones. I'll remember the late night treks to the hawker stalls for food, the mango mornings, the shopping trips, the disastrously funny nights out, everything.
Anyway, here's a couple of great photos of Joel and I from the trip. Mr. Staples is the most photogenic man I know, which is ironic since he's studying to be a photographer. But now at least I have current photos, instead of ones from when we were 14. (Unfortunately, he still wears those stupid shorts - although he's starting to branch out into *gasp* trousers!)
More from Malaysia... miss you all!
Riani
PS. I'll be blogging about my adventures in the next couple of days, I've been under the radar because I wanted to enjoy the company of those around me. I'll try to catch up now, so thanks for your patience.
Joel and I hanging out together at the cocktail hour a couple days before the wedding. The dress is from redrummurder, and I love it. I've developed quite a dress fetish in the last couple of weeks, and the collection keeps growing!
Joel and I out with the wedding party for dinner at some steakhouse. I had yummy lamb, while Joel had fish... The dinner was outside (which alarmed me at first) but I think I'm finally getting used to the heat here.
Here's another dress that I acquired from Eclipse, which I thought was amazing. Joel, Karen and I went out to Alexis for dinner and had an amazing time. I highly recommend the restaurant for its great ambiance and excellent food.

Joel and I with the bride and groom out shopping in Petaling Street. It's hot and muggy, and there are a million people always trying to sell you a fake Coach purse or Chanel perfume. I couldn't bring myself to buy a fake Coach, it's just not the same.

4:47 PM
marry him and have babies with him NOW! With his bone structure and your gorgeous tan skin...your spawn would be unstoppable!
Looks like fun--you look positively MEOW in that red dress...
Jenny
4:49 PM
That is fantastic..........and needless to say, Amanda and I agree completely with Jenny. To all that is aesthetically pleasing, you guys should procreate for the good of mankind!
4:49 PM
I agree as well, and I am not being bias in anyway......yet Jenny has a somewhat convincing arguement.
4:50 PM
Are all of you voting for me to have babies? Do I have any say in this? Joel, do you know where babies come from?
4:50 PM
.......they grow on trees.......just like the money to support them.........its a package deal
4:50 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAH..Riani, it is clear that you are outnumbered in this. I say,
let democracy win and just concede your position.. we'll find a way to tummy
tuck, lipo suction, breast lift your body back to original condition.. i say
that with the profits you could make with this business venture you could
surely afford that..
2:58 AM
You don't have to start having babies right away, you know....I've heard it can take YEARS of "practice"...;)
8:48 PM
Joel and Rianni you both should totally have babies so that James and I could use you both as a case study.