I'm really sorry that it's been awhile to since I've written... Let me (try to) recap my first few weeks here in Kuala Lumpur.
I arrived to insane heat that hit me like a brick, coupled with humidity that makes my London Lioness hair look like a night out on Hollywood. But it was great to not wear a coat, eat yummy Malay food and hang out with friends. I'm trying not to look back and enjoy my time in Asia, my stomping grounds.
Since I love lists, I thought I would post some of my first observations of "home"...
I arrived to insane heat that hit me like a brick, coupled with humidity that makes my London Lioness hair look like a night out on Hollywood. But it was great to not wear a coat, eat yummy Malay food and hang out with friends. I'm trying not to look back and enjoy my time in Asia, my stomping grounds.
Since I love lists, I thought I would post some of my first observations of "home"...
- I missed Teh Tarik (yum hot tea with condensed milk) and Roti Cenai (hot flaky flatbread smothered in butter and served with curry.) I'm eating it everyday.
- My money went from being worth 1/2 as much to 3 times as much, yay!
- Fresh fruit baby - lots of mango, banana and papaya every morning.
- Early morning mosque prayers blasting through the speakers, damn I missed that.
- Insane drivers, but awesome better-than-Seattle roads.
- I'm still squinting, WITH my sunglasses on.
- I'm developing a tan without even trying. Thank god.
11:23 AM
I'm glad you're having a fantastic time with your trip. Its been ages since I've been to Asia. I'm glad you're taking time in each place you go so you can breathe and enjoy each place. btw I wanted to let you know that Rebecca Eleanor was born last week. All my best.
12:40 AM
Damn you're a beautiful woman!! Thanks for the update...Seattle misses you!!
Jenny (you know...the one from your going away party!)