Luna Bar Blast Off

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 12:07 PM Posted by javagold
LUNA BY DAY

For the first two weeks I was in Kuala Lumpur, I stayed with the wedding party at Pacific Regency hotel which has a great roof-top pool turned-night club by moonlight. As you can see by the picture below, those are the petronas towers in the background. And if you look on the pool stairs, there's a girl on the left hand side sitting there. That's me, and that's as close as you're going to get until I get my butt but into action.



The guy on the right hand side was there in the sun everyday, without any sunscreen. He looked like a lobster. A bright red lobster in melted butter and garlic.



God bless the hotel, they had (FREE) wireless everywhere in the building. Now that's what I call service! I love the orange and blue color scheme, it makes for a great fashion statement.



More orange and blue, and Zouheir, I'm sorry... But again, I really think you're a closet photo whore!


LUNA BY NIGHT


Here's Joel and his lovely mother Anne, who (again) loves to feed people. I think I've inherited that trait from my mother's side as well, since I'm always cooking when I'm home in Seattle. But Joel's parents live in Oman now, and hopefully I'll be able to go out and visit them sometime.


Here are some of the bride and groom's friends that flew in from Australia. They ended up travelling around Malaysia, going to Penang, Langkawi and Malacca - which is more of Malaysia than I have even seen!


Richard the MC for the wedding, and married the couple. I love this photo because it was so natural and in the moment.


Joel and I, again. I think we took about 600 photos together, making up for 8 years of not seeing each other. (It helps that he's so photogenic).



The bride and her cousin, a family full of beautiful women!



Rob (one of the groom's men) Zouh and I, having a great time. Zouh was my date that night, since he looked so dashing!



The bride and her sister, Durga...


The Groom and I. I loved the Batik shirt James was wearing.



Here's a great picture of Gayatri's mother with her beautiful daughters. =)

As I sit here in Starbucks (go buy more stock people, they are just as busy overseas...) I can honestly say it was a great wedding. I'm closing that beautiful chapter of my trip now, and looking forward to all the other adventures that await me. Hope you all are well!

4 Response to "Luna Bar Blast Off"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    You look stunning in that red halter top dress! I hope you didn't make the groom wonder if he was marrying the wrong girl!

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Hi Riani,



    I have been enjoying all your e-mails and photos. It sounds like you are having a great time.



    We are getting ready to go to Christopher and Sarah's graduations in the next couple of weeks. We will be jet setting between New York and New Orleans; not quite as adventuresome as you!



    Take care,

    Mama T.

  3. Anonymous Says:

    Riani my dear, I can't tell you how much fun your blogs have been to read. I appologize if I havn't been more responsive to your emails, my life has been quite hectic as of late. I would love to be living your life of luxurious travel, but for now I am content to live vicariously through you.

    I moved to New York City last month, and landed a super cheap apartment in midtown Manhattan. I managed to grab a job at a recruiting company working with celebrities and fancy shmancy people. Although the job is driving me crazy, it's still a job that pays my bills to live in New York. With luck, and time things will move towards something I really want.

    Anyway, that's my update, I hope you are traveling safe, and hope to hear from you soon!

    xox

    -s

  4. Anonymous Says:

    Ugh.... I'm so jealous of you!

    Your pictures make me miss South East Asia so much that i am scared to watch your videos, becoz i think they would make me cry.

    Hope you're having fun meeting up with the dragons.