For those of you who don't know, I'm an Amazonian. No - not a beautiful tall dark woman from a strong tribal background, something more accurate would be a member of a dorky tribe of Software Development Engineers and Retail Buyers. As far as I know, none of the women I work with have cut off their right breast so that they could hunt better with a bow and arrow. We are a pretty proud and rambunctious crowd though, and once a year we get together in the mountain meadows for a little R&R. And for those of you who don't know...

The day started off well enough, with a short 40 minute drive to Mountain Meadows in
One of the major events at the company picnic is Broomball. I watched many Amazonians participate in Broomball, which, if you haven't heard of, is quite an amusing game. It basically consists of a very large inflatable ball - the kind you see people doing exercises on at the gym and brooms that have been taped up with duct-tape. The whole idea is to get the ball past the enemies goal line. Easy said - but hard to do. Apparently, in past years there have been some serious injuries - broken bones and the like from high-sticking. But this year, thankfully no one got hurt (at least that I know of).
The team that eventually won the tournament was a team of interns. Which begs the question - which skills ultimately landed them their internship? Hmmm... I can see the interview questions already...
"What is a hash table is and what are its pros and cons concerning data storage?"
"Did you play any sports in college, especially Hockey, Lacrosse or Football?"
"What is an abstract function?"
"How would you find the nth to last element in a linked list?"
"How would you describe your personal fitness goals?
"Are you aggressive?"
It's only a weak theory now, but look out for the coming years. We'll have all-American SDE's and dubious DBA's training at 6 am in December for the big game in July. All of it, of course, is worth the prospects of eternal glory at the company picnic.
Ahh, so away from conspiracy theory and back to reality. Here's Richard Moore (Known to the world as Ricmoo, to me as Moomoo) and I enjoying some yummy watermelon. Did you know that watermelon has the same tinsel strength as human skin? It makes really good targets for practice if you, ugh… want to be a stealth Ninja.Anyway, Moomoo has become quite famous at Amazon, and all for a little tool he built for our internal phone tool. Basically, his tool allows you to see the pictures and names of the past 10 people that have looked you up. Can you image having a list of the people who googled you? THAT would be very impressive.
Here's Beryl my sister-in-law to be... She's an import from the land of the frozen north, born to descendents of the 
There are lots of pictures of me with this one specific silly face. I'm thinking I should do a blog entry of that one day... And for you football fans out there, I have no idea who the Cavaliers are. I was cold so I borrowed a warm jersey. I could care less about the Gladiator sport.

My step-brother Tim and Moomoo, enjoying themselves waaaay too much. Tim works for Microsoft, he stepped over to the dark side.

So, that's it for now. Hopefully I have more fun stuff tomorrow... Take care of yourselves!