The toppers

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 11:14 AM Posted by javagold
Danie and Chris during a rare cease fire pose.

I could tell you a story about the time I raced friends home through the backround streets of Seattle, only to have my sister Danie reply, "Oh yeah, did I tell you about the time I raced camels around the pyramids when the sun was setting in the background?".

Danielle is a topper. And the only person I know who can (and is willing) to compete with her, is my good friend Chris Fazeli - a Persian born Canadian I met through my step-brother Tim.

Danie and Chris drive each other nuts, and it's fun to sit around the dinner table and listen to them constantly try to top one another. Here are a couple of examples of the duels I've witnessed while trying to eat my Mango Chicken Curry in peace.

- the number of countries they've been to (complete with passport inspection)
- the number of "exotic" countries they've been to (apprently Bahrain scores more points than Thailand... Mexico isn't even considered a contender. )
- the number, duration and intensity of wars and conflicts they've experianced.


I know that there are more - I just can't think of them off the top of my head. I called Danie to ask, and she already started to get heated up. =)

I should get them together again, so I can record it here in my blog.

More tommorow!

1 Response to "The toppers"

  1. M. C. Fazeli Says:

    Hi Riani,

    I spent a while reading through your blog because I hadn't done so in a while, and I came across this post, laughing my ass off...

    I'm trying to be less of a topper these days, but it's always fun challenging your much accomplished sister.

    I miss you both lots and lots...