I found this very amusing story in my university e-mail box... I thought I would share it with you all. It's from a good friend of mine from college, a sweet and sassy boy named Kevin. Here it is.
Please insert favorite southern baptist preacher or jimmy swaggart-like
affect here)
I just came from my friend Ashley's apt on the ave. As I arrived I noticed two Larouche tables, one on each corner, with the usual swarming cretins. I was lucky in that I didn't get harassed on account of being on the phone. Her apt window is right above the ave, looking down on both tables. I remembered our water balloon fight yesterday in the park and asked her if
she had any more. She did, and it was ON my friends.
We first sent a few 'warning shots', which actually hit one of the guys. I then sent a paper airplane with the following messages, one on each side: "the people of this community feel it's time to give back to Larouche and his little minions"; "looks like all you have to throw back is your bullshit ideas". Once it was clear they had read the messages, it was on yet again.
This time we were a bit off but managed to land one or two.
Then they called the fucking cops, obviously missing the point entirely...it's hot out, we were just trying to cool them off...the community giving back to Larouche and all that. I mean
really, if I'd sent piss in those balloons, and god knows they got THAT coming, then I can see calling the cops, but for water? Please. So we took off. Out the secret back entrance, and walked right past them on the sidewalk, multiple times, just to see if they'd recognize us. After awhile,
we went back into her house to grab some shit and head back out when we got the idea...how about we throw water balloons at the Larouche tools...?
It was like the idea was reborn friends. So we went into her place, kept the lights off as we could see them watching for us, filled up some balloons, and went two apartments down to a vacant unit, which just happened to have a wide open window (providence friends?), and lobbed forthwith. This time both of my shots were fucking on target, one getting a couple of them wet and one landing smack dab on a stack of their silly publications (they always have a HUGE stack, which is funny by itself now that I think of it). We took off, out the same secret entrance and took a walk.
Later, when we returned, we walked by and listened to their preposterous singing. At that moment we were caught by the realization that we had somehow struck a blow for college students and passersby everywhere...to all of you who have been stopped and accosted with whining drivel about Cheney and the spawn of satan and something about super trains in the sky and the beast man, and a revolution by kids who don't even vote...well, we felt we acted on your behalf and only wish that you bless these deeds for we were happy to have risked great peril in service of such a noble cause.
I hope you all are all you, well.
Peace. Kevin.
Please insert favorite southern baptist preacher or jimmy swaggart-like
affect here)
I just came from my friend Ashley's apt on the ave. As I arrived I noticed two Larouche tables, one on each corner, with the usual swarming cretins. I was lucky in that I didn't get harassed on account of being on the phone. Her apt window is right above the ave, looking down on both tables. I remembered our water balloon fight yesterday in the park and asked her if
she had any more. She did, and it was ON my friends.
We first sent a few 'warning shots', which actually hit one of the guys. I then sent a paper airplane with the following messages, one on each side: "the people of this community feel it's time to give back to Larouche and his little minions"; "looks like all you have to throw back is your bullshit ideas". Once it was clear they had read the messages, it was on yet again.
This time we were a bit off but managed to land one or two.
Then they called the fucking cops, obviously missing the point entirely...it's hot out, we were just trying to cool them off...the community giving back to Larouche and all that. I mean
really, if I'd sent piss in those balloons, and god knows they got THAT coming, then I can see calling the cops, but for water? Please. So we took off. Out the secret back entrance, and walked right past them on the sidewalk, multiple times, just to see if they'd recognize us. After awhile,
we went back into her house to grab some shit and head back out when we got the idea...how about we throw water balloons at the Larouche tools...?
It was like the idea was reborn friends. So we went into her place, kept the lights off as we could see them watching for us, filled up some balloons, and went two apartments down to a vacant unit, which just happened to have a wide open window (providence friends?), and lobbed forthwith. This time both of my shots were fucking on target, one getting a couple of them wet and one landing smack dab on a stack of their silly publications (they always have a HUGE stack, which is funny by itself now that I think of it). We took off, out the same secret entrance and took a walk.
Later, when we returned, we walked by and listened to their preposterous singing. At that moment we were caught by the realization that we had somehow struck a blow for college students and passersby everywhere...to all of you who have been stopped and accosted with whining drivel about Cheney and the spawn of satan and something about super trains in the sky and the beast man, and a revolution by kids who don't even vote...well, we felt we acted on your behalf and only wish that you bless these deeds for we were happy to have risked great peril in service of such a noble cause.
I hope you all are all you, well.
Peace. Kevin.
9:26 PM
That warmed the cockels of my heart. Thank you.