While on Sydney's less than stellar rail system, (hey at least they have one, *coughSeattlecough*) I happened across this AWESOME political sticker plastered to the door near the exit. It reminded me of another political outburst I came across in Europe and I thought I would share them both with you.

John Howard is of course Australia's Prime Minister... and unlike our Republican reaction to Franklin Delano Roosevelt, the folks downunder don't have the protection of the two-term rule. There are a lot of reasons for Aussies to hate their PM, but you'll have to ask them. =)
This political poster however, I felt was absolutely brilliant. I saw it in a ski/snowboard shop in Praha. Additionally, I saw an awesome 1.20.09 is a shirt I'd love to get - subtle yet gets the point across. (It's inauguration day, Bush's last day in power.) Check that out if you have the time.
I'd love to engage in more political commentary, but I do believe Agen does a much better job on his blog, Cracks in the Facade.
Riani, over and out.
John Howard is of course Australia's Prime Minister... and unlike our Republican reaction to Franklin Delano Roosevelt, the folks downunder don't have the protection of the two-term rule. There are a lot of reasons for Aussies to hate their PM, but you'll have to ask them. =)
This political poster however, I felt was absolutely brilliant. I saw it in a ski/snowboard shop in Praha. Additionally, I saw an awesome 1.20.09 is a shirt I'd love to get - subtle yet gets the point across. (It's inauguration day, Bush's last day in power.) Check that out if you have the time.I'd love to engage in more political commentary, but I do believe Agen does a much better job on his blog, Cracks in the Facade.
Riani, over and out.
8:11 AM
Hahahaha......I love both posters!!!
I saved the Bush one on my computer so I can distribute it to others.
And yes, I knew EXACTLY what Jan 20, 2009 stood for the moment I saw it (then again, being from the DC area Inauguaration Day is a local holiday).
What's next on your itinerary? How much longer in Aussie? Then where?
love,
Tchaka