Life as a Cartoon.

Friday, July 24, 2009 7:16 PM Posted by javagold

I've been reading a lot lately, usually over a cup of hot tea cut with milk and sugar. I prop my head against the armrest of my chocolate-colored leather sofa and read thick books, trying to get a sense of life and all its persuits.

A reoccuring theme in my head (after reading these books about monks and peace and yada-yada) is the way I view my life... and how it needs to change. I'm currently seeing in black and white, I'd like to move to color and then, oh yes baby, full HDTV. For me, I think I'm happiest when I see my life as a HDTV cartoon series... I love when complicated structures melt into simplistic lines, it's where color is more vibrant and characters more defined and animated.

I remember seeing a girl riding a bicylce in Seattle, with long ribbons in her hair and bright green socks with red polka-dots. She wore brown-green cordroy pants and had a yellow basket filled with fruit. I couldn't help but smiling. I also remember an old man painting on the hills of Gas Works Park, with a rainbow umbrella sheilding his head. Here in Hong Kong, there's a tree growing out of the wall that I love, at a 40 degree angle.

I find beauty in animation - I feel the warmth and simplicity makes you slow down to the pace of life. To breathe deep, to laugh, to love.





0 Response to "Life as a Cartoon."