Prague, Czech Republic

Friday, March 16, 2007 12:12 AM Posted by javagold

I know, I know. I am dreadfully behind in my blogging. I've been living it up and keeping you in the dark. My apologies. As a concession, I have uploaded all my videos and posted them on the left-side of my blog for easy navigation for you... Check those out at www.javagold.blogspot.com. For now, I'll cut my losses and pretend I'm on track. =)

Since I've devoted this year to exploring new places and learning new things, I was delighted to add the Czech Republic to my passport stamp collection. I visited Praha for five days, with a good friend from my former life at Amazon.com. Here's my low-down on the city of a thousand Spires.

1. Saw a drunk Czech guy take his clothes off in the underground...
2. There is dog poo on the sidewalks - people don't pick up after their pets.
3. There is a communist-style communications tower with black babies crawling up it. I AM SERIOUS.
4. The cash exchange guy sat there smoking his cigarettes in a beater, counting the money.
5. The escalators are sloooooow until someone gets on them - energy saving!
6. There are Texan widow-millionaires that feed you copious amounts of food. Tex-Mex style.
8. Czech women are gorgeous, Czech guys on the average, are not.
9. They have the best after-partying junk food EVER. Eurodogs and Fried Cheese with Mayo.

But, that said, here are some awesome my trip in pictures and videos for you to check out. (Yes I know I am a lazy, lazy girl).

There were a million beautiful buildings everywhere. Prague is the only European city not to have suffered much damage due to bombing raids in WWII. Actually one of the only bombs dropped was by the Americans (yes, us) on the Praha town hall. Damn we're stupid. The image above and the videos below are of Cathedral St. Vitus... Looks like nothing I've ever seen, why can't we build like this anymore?








Charles Bridge by dusk on the Vltava River. There are a lot of cafes up and down the river banks. I would suggest getting some THICK hot chocolate and imagine yourself there a hundred years ago, or five hundred. It's quite amazing if you use your imagination.

It's like a crazy dream. I felt like I was at Disneyland, except it was real. In Old Town, you could see cobbled stone roads, century-old churches and beautiful statues. Please watch the video (still uploading, I'll add it to my next post), since my photos really don't do the square any justice.

Walking down one of the streets in Prague, Kostas takes a quick snap of me. We both loved how the buildings and the street curved, allowing you to see down them from an interesting angle.


Here is Kostas and I, ready to party like its 1499... His little sister was living in Prague, so he took some time off to visit her. I obviously tagged along, and I'm so glad that I did.

Waaay too young for old me, but I always like a man in uniform. It seems that no matter where you are, London, California, Czech Republic, the uniform always translates to "HAWT!!!".

Me in front of the Astronomical Clock in Old Town.


Here are a couple of the first videos that we took. It's from a hilltop overlooking the city, so it's totally worth your time. If you're getting this post via email, please click on the links or go to my blog to watch them. I really believe my videos are the best part of my blog!











Alright, that's all for now. One more post on Praha, and then it's back to old Briton for me so stay tuned. For those of you in Seattle, I hear that the cherry blossoms are out at the UW Quad. PLEASE go see them for me. =)

Love from Prague,
Riani

3 Response to "Prague, Czech Republic"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    That must be one of the most beautiful cathedrals in the world !!! ....the girl didn't look too bad either !! he he he

    Nice pics !!

    E neh !! (I wish) in Japanese !

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Hi there Riani,
    No wonder we havent heard from you for ages! Wow, I love the pictures you sent of Praha and Prague. I've always known this to be a beautiful city. Everyone who's been there told me. You're so lucky!
    So you're arriving 27th? What time and on which airline? Look forward to seeing you again.
    Take care; love,
    Ma

  3. Anonymous Says:

    The bridge is a gorgeous picture, almost as gorgeous as that "too young" soldier. Don't you make exceptions for fully, pouty lips?