Ever find $20 in a jacket pocket you forgot about? Or wake up to a 7:30am alarm to realize its Saturday? Ever have a day that was just, perfect?
Well... Here's the rundown on my perfect Day in London.
8:30 am : Yeah that's right. I was up at 0'dark thirty. Don't ask me why, or how on God's great earth I was up that early. But I was, and it was glorious. (And for those of you getting up for work before 8:30, please keep in mind I'm on permanent vacation).
9:00 am : Took a loooooong hot shower. Unlike my wimpy shower in Seattle that surrenders to cold water after 10 minutes, this shower turned the bathroom into a misty tropical paradise.
9:30 am - 12 pm: Did girly and dorky things:
Girly: Hair and makeup while listening to Beyonce Knowles Irreplaceable.
Dorky: Reading BoingBoing and uploading my previous videos.
12 pm - 1 pm : With blue skies, I ended up walking to Trafalgar Square, about 45 minutes walk from my place in St John's Wood. I walked through Regent's Park, down the high street, Oxford Street, through Soho and then through Piccadilly... It's getting warm enough that I was even able to take off my leather jacket and gloves.
Trafalgar Square
1 pm - 2 pm: Lunch with Alex in a pretty park with blooming flowers and rustling trees.
2 pm - 4 pm: I'm a big fan of wandering around, getting lost and exploring. I ended up at the National Portrait Gallery, which had portraits of everyone from Princess Diana, Kate Moss and The Beatles. There was even a portrait of these two artists, naked, with poo magnified 1000 times in the background. Interesting.
4 pm - 6 pm: Hanging out with Erika at an American Diner. Yes, and American Diner in London. Check out the video but please excuse the Elvis music, fake red leather seats and tacky chrome.
American.diner
6 pm - 7 pm: Impromptu tea with friend from my past. Last time I saw Maria Hettel, we were 12 hours out of Manila in the remote mountainside... This cute Anglo-Ifugao woman and I had a delightful time catching up... But I do think the video really captures the mood of our visit. =)
Tea.with.friend
8 pm - 11:30 pm: Dinner at a friend's place out in Canary Wharf, which is London's new financial district. Compared to the rest of old London-town, it looks modern and Matrix-inspired. I took the London Tube to get there, and took a great video for you to watch... Check it out below.
London.tube
My day was action-packed and full of surprises, and I ended up going home and sinking into the sofa with a cup of tea and a huge smile. I find that when you're open to just about anything, your life becomes easier and your experiences are richer. Hopefully I continue to remember this as I continue on this trip, and also in my life.
More to come.
Well... Here's the rundown on my perfect Day in London.
8:30 am : Yeah that's right. I was up at 0'dark thirty. Don't ask me why, or how on God's great earth I was up that early. But I was, and it was glorious. (And for those of you getting up for work before 8:30, please keep in mind I'm on permanent vacation).
9:00 am : Took a loooooong hot shower. Unlike my wimpy shower in Seattle that surrenders to cold water after 10 minutes, this shower turned the bathroom into a misty tropical paradise.
9:30 am - 12 pm: Did girly and dorky things:
Girly: Hair and makeup while listening to Beyonce Knowles Irreplaceable.
Dorky: Reading BoingBoing and uploading my previous videos.
12 pm - 1 pm : With blue skies, I ended up walking to Trafalgar Square, about 45 minutes walk from my place in St John's Wood. I walked through Regent's Park, down the high street, Oxford Street, through Soho and then through Piccadilly... It's getting warm enough that I was even able to take off my leather jacket and gloves.
Trafalgar Square
1 pm - 2 pm: Lunch with Alex in a pretty park with blooming flowers and rustling trees.
2 pm - 4 pm: I'm a big fan of wandering around, getting lost and exploring. I ended up at the National Portrait Gallery, which had portraits of everyone from Princess Diana, Kate Moss and The Beatles. There was even a portrait of these two artists, naked, with poo magnified 1000 times in the background. Interesting.
4 pm - 6 pm: Hanging out with Erika at an American Diner. Yes, and American Diner in London. Check out the video but please excuse the Elvis music, fake red leather seats and tacky chrome.
American.diner
6 pm - 7 pm: Impromptu tea with friend from my past. Last time I saw Maria Hettel, we were 12 hours out of Manila in the remote mountainside... This cute Anglo-Ifugao woman and I had a delightful time catching up... But I do think the video really captures the mood of our visit. =)
Tea.with.friend
8 pm - 11:30 pm: Dinner at a friend's place out in Canary Wharf, which is London's new financial district. Compared to the rest of old London-town, it looks modern and Matrix-inspired. I took the London Tube to get there, and took a great video for you to watch... Check it out below.
London.tube
My day was action-packed and full of surprises, and I ended up going home and sinking into the sofa with a cup of tea and a huge smile. I find that when you're open to just about anything, your life becomes easier and your experiences are richer. Hopefully I continue to remember this as I continue on this trip, and also in my life.
More to come.
1:03 AM
Wow.. I'm really busy but decided that I could spare some time for this installment. I loved and cherrished it. What an inspiring write that might just get me to head that direction in the future. I haven't really ever had a huge motivation to go to London.
11:33 AM
Great to follow your travels and life-embracing moments Riani. Hope that you are happy and full of awe and wonder at the world's offerings. It's a wonderful place no matter what the small-minded men of the world try to extract from it.
Yours,
Chris
12:43 AM
Riani, I enjoy every Blog I get from you !
Keep travelling & exploring ! ...& keep being you !!
Love Bradley