So today I embarked on a right of passage usually reserved for, well, stinky boys. I finally went to my first car show.
As if it was Christmas morning, Andrew sprang out of bed with quite a skip in his step. We had spent the night before talking about cars with his father and cousin, much to Kimmy's despair (Andrew's mom). We arrived at the convention center about 7 minutes after the show opened (thank God it was a 10am open, Andrew would have been there at 8 sharp if it opened that early), along with a couple of Porches, Mercedes and Audis...
The car show, mind you, this wasn't one of your hot-import-scantilly-clad-women car shows... Just about every major car manufacturer was there, (excluding Peugot, Citron etc which don't currently sell cars in the US) covering every square inch with sports cars, utility vehicles, economy cars and stupid-expensive cars. We made our rounds for about FIVE HOURS, testing out passenger seats and driver seats... We checked out the ponies, the torque, the fuel economy... And at the end of it all, only one car really did steal my heart away.
May I please introduce you to the Saturn Sky, otherwise known as sex on wheels.

The specs for the car can be found here, and include information for both the Saturn Sky and the Sky Redline (the turbo version). Enjoy.
So overall, the auto show was alright, even perhaps a little fun. But as Andrew said, it was more fun now that we've reached a part of our life where we're looking at cars we could actually afford. I really wouldn't know though, since this was my first. =)
As if it was Christmas morning, Andrew sprang out of bed with quite a skip in his step. We had spent the night before talking about cars with his father and cousin, much to Kimmy's despair (Andrew's mom). We arrived at the convention center about 7 minutes after the show opened (thank God it was a 10am open, Andrew would have been there at 8 sharp if it opened that early), along with a couple of Porches, Mercedes and Audis...
The car show, mind you, this wasn't one of your hot-import-scantilly-clad-women car shows... Just about every major car manufacturer was there, (excluding Peugot, Citron etc which don't currently sell cars in the US) covering every square inch with sports cars, utility vehicles, economy cars and stupid-expensive cars. We made our rounds for about FIVE HOURS, testing out passenger seats and driver seats... We checked out the ponies, the torque, the fuel economy... And at the end of it all, only one car really did steal my heart away.
May I please introduce you to the Saturn Sky, otherwise known as sex on wheels.
Noew, before you laugh, I know that Saturn hasn't been the coolest of car companies. Yes it is American (sorry my fellow yanks), but if me of all people are going to give them a chance, so can you. I sat in close to a hundered cars, and of all of them, this one gave me a lighting bolt of exhilaration. The sleek lines, the polished chrome, the warm leather interior... The $25 grand price tag.
Granted, I'm only talking from a asthetic point of view since I haven't had enough exposure to the inner-workings of car mechanics to appriciate everything it has to offer. I have yet to take it out for a test drive, but just sitting in the car gave me goose bumps all over. So, if you're in the market for a reasonably priced sports car, I BEG OF YOU, please at least take this baby out for spin. And then report back to me. =)
Granted, I'm only talking from a asthetic point of view since I haven't had enough exposure to the inner-workings of car mechanics to appriciate everything it has to offer. I have yet to take it out for a test drive, but just sitting in the car gave me goose bumps all over. So, if you're in the market for a reasonably priced sports car, I BEG OF YOU, please at least take this baby out for spin. And then report back to me. =)

The specs for the car can be found here, and include information for both the Saturn Sky and the Sky Redline (the turbo version). Enjoy.
So overall, the auto show was alright, even perhaps a little fun. But as Andrew said, it was more fun now that we've reached a part of our life where we're looking at cars we could actually afford. I really wouldn't know though, since this was my first. =)