
ANDREW SPENCER ROBERTS
So this blog entry is a little late, but late is better than never. This is Andy, or as he's affectionately known by me and my lovely sisters, Roo.
Andrew and I met my first quarter at the University of Washington, in a *ahem* accounting class. What either of us were doing in an accounting class, I cannot tell you. I majored in International Studies, him in Physics. But, as fate would have it, I was late to the first section meeting. The chair next to him was the only one available. Me being me, I introduced myself to him and then prompty wrote his name in black marker on his coffee. The next 9 weeks consisted of sitting in the front row with him during lecture, working on the Newyork Times crossword puzzle. My lowest grade in college was in accounting, and I don't know if it was me, or him.
Andrew and I began hanging out a lot, going for coffee and dinners at indian restaurants. The grandson of farmers, Andrew is the likeable dorky boy next door. He loves to debate, ponder and discuss. We talk politics, history, economics... electronics and sports cars. He likes to fiddle, especially with the irritating plastic packaging used for household products such as T.V remotes and C.D players. He's the type of guy who would write consumer reports to correct them on some trivial factoid.
What I admire most about him though, is his ability to absorb. He's excited about the world at large, aware of his surroundings and the infinate possibilities that surrounds him. He makes me laugh, and makes me think. He's a decent human being and I am honored by his presence.
Andrew and I will be travelling to Flordia for spring break, and around Asia after my graduation, in early September. I will be updating the blog constantly then, writing of our adventures. I can only hope that I can show him the world, and that he can do the same.
Andrew and I met my first quarter at the University of Washington, in a *ahem* accounting class. What either of us were doing in an accounting class, I cannot tell you. I majored in International Studies, him in Physics. But, as fate would have it, I was late to the first section meeting. The chair next to him was the only one available. Me being me, I introduced myself to him and then prompty wrote his name in black marker on his coffee. The next 9 weeks consisted of sitting in the front row with him during lecture, working on the Newyork Times crossword puzzle. My lowest grade in college was in accounting, and I don't know if it was me, or him.
Andrew and I began hanging out a lot, going for coffee and dinners at indian restaurants. The grandson of farmers, Andrew is the likeable dorky boy next door. He loves to debate, ponder and discuss. We talk politics, history, economics... electronics and sports cars. He likes to fiddle, especially with the irritating plastic packaging used for household products such as T.V remotes and C.D players. He's the type of guy who would write consumer reports to correct them on some trivial factoid.
What I admire most about him though, is his ability to absorb. He's excited about the world at large, aware of his surroundings and the infinate possibilities that surrounds him. He makes me laugh, and makes me think. He's a decent human being and I am honored by his presence.
Andrew and I will be travelling to Flordia for spring break, and around Asia after my graduation, in early September. I will be updating the blog constantly then, writing of our adventures. I can only hope that I can show him the world, and that he can do the same.