Christmas at the Townsends

Friday, December 24, 2004 4:09 PM Posted by javagold

My girls and I, Christmas 2004 at the Townsend's

When I first moved to Washington, I spent the first Christmas by myself. My boyfriend at the time went to Australia to be with his family and all my roommates went home for the holidays. I was alone, in my apartment for four whole days feeling sorry for myself. I vowed I would never experience such a miserable Christmas again, at least, when it was in my control.

The next year, my father invited me to spend Christmas with him in Canada... It would be the first time I saw him in 5 years. I found out a little later that I would actually spend Christmas with my step-mother and step-brother (who I have never met) before he would arrive a couple of days later. Hmmmmmmm.

I called Christopher Townsend, a guy I met in the dorms who I don't have any relation to (even though we have the same last name, almost). I pleaded him to take me in for the holidays, like a bedraggled puppy with no home. Chris did, and I had a wonderful time. It was the beginning of a tradition, something I have had to grow accustomed to. The next Christmas I came over to wrap presents on Christmas Eve, and the next Christmas, my sisters had moved to the States.

The Townsends took the Townshends in, and we had a wonderful time. There were lots of sleeping involved, roaring fires and fresh pumpkin pie. There were warm hugs and personal conversations, chocolate chip cookies and lots and lots presents, for everyone. Christmas to me has become memories at the Townsend’s house, of laughter and of love. We went to Church, and sat together at pew, listening to the bell choir. As I looked to my left and right, I finally realized what I had been missing. Family.

For the first time in five years, I felt like I belonged. My sisters were in touching distance, my surrogate family by my side. With a smile on my face, and tear in my eye, I could finally rest, feeling fulfilled and happy.

I added some more photos from Christmas to share.


Danie dropped like a flea after Christmas dinner


Chris dropped like a flea after Christmas dinner


Sarah upstaging me during our posing


Sarah and Estelle, getting pretty in the Bathroom


Estelle, Sarah and I after opening presents early Christmas morning

1 Response to "Christmas at the Townsends"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    nice pics! you are very pretty! hey, tag me sometime - anthony.i.ph,
    ciao!